Plumber Job Description
We are looking for an experienced plumber to install, maintain and repair, water, waste and gas supply lines, and associated fixtures and appliances in residential, commercial, and industrial structures. You will also be required to inspect plumbing systems, perform diagnostics, and ensure they comply with regulatory codes. To be successful as a plumber you should be able to work independently and solve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. To excel in this position, you should have strong technical skills, be a master at troubleshooting and enjoy dealing with people.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Cutting, welding and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
- Handling customer queries and responding to call outs.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Preparing cost estimates.
- 2+ years of experience as a plumber.
- Valid Journeyman plumbing license.
- Good working knowledge of service plumbing and remodels.
- Proficiency in using plumbing tools.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and patience.
- Physical dexterity.
What makes us unique is that we are heavily invested in tools and equipment. We own 2 directional drills, 2 truck mounted hydro jetters and crews, excavator, hydrovac, skid steer and sewer pipe bursting equipment so when a job is sold that requires these tools, we can respond quickly without the need to hire sub-contractors. A referral bonus’s will be paid when these services are sold even if a different crew does the work.
We pay a 6% bonus on top of wages for profit. We offer 401K, health insurance, dental insurance and PTO.
We give our Journeymen an option to have an apprentice working with them.
Take vans home.
Competitive wages and bonus structure that can put your annual earnings over $100,000.
We are a service company that has been around for 50 years and we have a loyal following of customers that keep us going even in tough economic times. During the recession from 2008-2013 we did not lay anyone off or cut any wages.
We have a substantial marketing budget each month to keep the customer base growing. Aproximately 80 percent of our business is repeat customers. A+ rating on Angie’s List, 4.8 out of 5 stars on google and 5 out of 5 stars on yelp.
We have our own parts warehouse.
We service Portland metro, Salem, Dallas, McMinnville and surrounding areas.
We use Service Titan software for dispatching.
Our flat rate pricing based around $170 per hour rather than the $300-400 per hour other companies charge so you have more happy customers.
Family business since 1972.
We have a well pump division also so we can service almost every type of problem that will come up.
Referral bonuses to water restoration companies paid directly to plumber, usually $400 per referral.