Storm drains are a critical part of your plumbing system, especially here in the rainy Pacific Northwest. These drains work hard to control water runoff, and a clog can cause extensive flooding throughout your property. That’s why it’s important to ensure your catch basins are clear and draining efficiently.
To help you keep your property safe from flooding, the experts at Forbes Plumbing offer storm drain cleaning services. Our knowledgeable technicians can help you identify and clear out clogs quickly and efficiently so you don’t have to worry when harsh weather hits.
What Causes a Clogged Storm Drain?
Storm drains are large and designed to carry away significant amounts of water. But, they’re also exposed to lots of debris, which can easily get caught in the catch basin and cause a clog. Here are some of the most common items that can clog your storm drain:
- Twigs, leaves, rocks, and other organic materials
- Paper, plastic bags, old toys, and other litter
- Pieces of fabric like shirts or towels
Ready to Schedule Your Next Plumbing Project?
Signs Your Storm Drain is Clogged
Quickly identifying a blockage can help you clear out your storm drain before any major flooding can damage your property. But, how can you tell if your catch basin is backed up? Here are the warning signs that your storm drain might be clogged:
- Your basement is flooding. If a storm drain is backed up, it won’t be able to redirect water away from your home. This can cause flooding, which is usually first noticed in the basement. If water starts leaking into your basement, it may be a good idea to check out your catch basins.
- There is standing water on your property. Pools of water on your driveway or lawn are big signs that your catch basin isn’t keeping up. If you notice standing water throughout your property, we recommend checking your storm drain before any additional flooding or damage can occur.
- Water is leaking through your roof. If your catch basin is clogged during a serious storm, water may not be able to flow freely through your gutter system. This could cause water to collect on your roof, leading to leaks and costly damage.
- Sinkholes are developing in your garden. Excessive standing water on your property can lead to sinkholes. A small sinkhole or depression in your yard may not seem like a big deal, but they can cause considerable damage and pose a major safety hazard. If you have sinkholes developing in your property, it’s crucial to seek professional help.
Storm Drain Cleaning Experts
If you suspect that your storm drain is backed up, it’s important to identify the problem as quickly as possible. Thankfully, the experts at Forbes Plumbing are ready to help you clear out clogs and keep your property protected! Our skilled specialists offer catch basin cleaning throughout the greater Portland metropolitan area, and we are committed to providing excellent and efficient service. That way, you can keep your property safe, stress-free. Call us to schedule an appointment today!
Back to Outdoor Drain Cleaning
Storm Drain Cleaning in Portland, OR & Salem, OR Area
Serving Portland OR | Salem OR | Wilsonville OR